Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The applicances all work!

The washer/dryer came last week and we washed everything...it was so funny. Ray's like "how does it get anything clean" because there is no agitator. I wondered the same thing but it does. And to dry a load of towels in 30 minutes is pretty darn cool. I anticipate our PG&E bill will go down somewhat, and our water bill should too. It's been raining most of the time the past couple of weeks so the sprinklers are turned off, and that combined with a high efficiency washer should help.

And the stove was installed today...YAY!!! We will have to replace the counter top since the stove didn't quite fit and the tiles that were cut to make it fit don't look very pretty. But that can wait until either Ray gets this new job or until I'm working again. The ovens preheat in about 5 minutes and cook perfectly, so no preheating for 15 minutes only to have it be too hot and wait for the temp to go down...I was so over that old stove. I'm sure it was the original from when the house was built 20 years ago.

StitchesWest is this weekend - Liz and I are going on Friday. Can't wait!

1 comment:

Eenae said...

I'm so jealous! Have fun at Stitches West. :) I love our new front loader and dryer. Our power and water bill went down a lot and it now takes us six months to go through a bottle of laundry detergent.