Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Dye Dye Dye!!

Did the math - 910 skeins of yarn need to be dyed before Sock Summit. That's 7 weeks from now. That means 130 skeins per week, and if I work 6 days/week giving myself 1 day off to do something else, that's a little over 21 skeins each day. I did 24 today, so if I stay on that pace it will be good. I was done dyeing by about 10:00, and finished rinsing and got everything hung by about 5. And then realized I hadn't eaten all day so dinner is in the oven.

This could have the effect of taking off a few pounds - can't complain about that!!

Cara was here on Sunday and said I needed more greens, so I did a really pretty green in the new 100% superwash base yarn I'll call Soft Serve. Then I did Birthday Cake for Jillian, and some pretty pink/white swirl that has no name yet. Burgundy Cherry has been popular in the Ice Cream Sundae yarn, so I made it in the Soft Serve today - very pretty. And I also did some BubbleMallow today, but did shorter, more random runs of the colors as opposed to the striping I did last time. it looks good so far!

Katie seems very sad today. She did eat about 1/4 cup of the special k/d dry food the vet prescribed. And I found a couple of websites about chronic renal failure in cats so that I could be a bit more knowledgeable. I'll offer different foods as it suggested since she's already shown that some foods are great today and nasty tomorrow, and one suggestion was to moisten her food with the water from tuna but not to give her the tuna. So I'll buy some water-packed tuna and give that a try. I won't take incessant lifesaving measures to prolong suffering though. At this point she doesn't appear to be in pain or really suffering but rather just doesn't feel real good and a bit depressed. We're watching her closely and when the bad days outnumber the good days then we'll know it's time.

1 comment:

pendie said...

I can't wait to meet you at Sock Summit and see all your delicious yarns. It sounds exhausting to dye all that yarn!